Monday, 2 March 2015

The Best Foundations

Hello lovelies! I'm doing a post today for my dry skinned, oily skinned, normal skinned and combination skinned followers, so this post is essentially for everyone. I've chosen my two favourite foundations of all time, and I thought I'd share my thoughts and opinions with you. I chose a matte and a dewy foundation, the matte one would be great for oily/combination and normal skin and the dewy foundation would be brilliant for dry/combination and normal skin!



RRP: - L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation £6.99 
 Bourjois Healthy Mix £9.99

Reviews:

L'Oreal Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation

My thoughts: This foundation is fairly inexpensive considering the fact that L'Oreal products can sometimes be rather overpriced for a drugstore brand and also that this foundation is like high-end quality! If you know me, you know that I love my dewy foundations. I'm all for that JLo skin! Never in a million years did I ever think I'd buy a matte foundation, but my gosh I am obsessed with this product. I have the odd few hyperpigmentation marks left behind from some hormonal spots, and no product has really been able to cover them well, but this product does a great job at covering them up without having to apply concealer on top.

The look/feel of this product: It feels very lightweight on the skin but gives very full coverage whilst still making your skin look like skin, but better! The picture below shows an exact representation of my thoughts/feelings of this foundation. The shade of this product is a great match to my skin, it blends in really nicely, which I love, I hate the look of unnatural foundation.
I believe there are six shades to this foundation, there's not a huge range, so that's quite a disappointment. But hopefully if this foundation becomes a good seller they'll come out with more shades like they have with True Match. 
There is no scent to this product.

The packaging: Is very sleek and compact, so it's great for travelling. The packaging isn't a glass bottle, so that's always a plus, knowing that it won't smash in your makeup bag! 
The application of this product is a squeezey tube, which is very hygienic, and you can control the amount you want without wasting any product. 

This product would be amazing for people with oily/combination/normal skin.
My skin at the moment is quite normal, but I've got a feeling that it will even look nice on dehydrated skin, just make sure to moisturise very well before hand and exfoliate twice a week.

In the picture below, L'Oreal have written a brief overview of their product, and I couldn't agree more with them, their words are my exact thoughts and feelings of this foundation.


~

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

My thoughts: This foundation will always be my go-to-dewy-foundation. I've been using this product straight for nearly half a year, and I still love it. I love the coverage it gives, whilst still looking natural. 

The look/feel of this product: This product gives a natural glow to this skin whilst offering medium/buildable coverage. It feels very light on the skin and it makes the skin look like skin but with a lot more radiance and life to it.
There are eight shades to this foundation, so again, they're quite limited to people's skin types.
There is a fruity scent to this foundation, it smells really amazing.

The packaging: The foundation is displayed in a glass bottle, which has a pump - however glass bottles are never really practical for travelling, but I've never had an incident with this bottle when I've traveled, so it's all good! 
The pump is also really great as it's hygienic and it also pumps out the right amount, not too much nor too little - the pump is very easy to control (unlike the MAC Prolongwear Concealer pump.)

This product would be fantastic for people who have dry/dehydrated/normal skin. It will just add a bit of life back into your skin, whilst giving a good amount of coverage. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Healthy Mix! It has to be my fave drugstore foundation!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete