Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Review: Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

Hello lovelies, welcome back to another blog post! How are you today? 
A couple of weeks ago I made a purchase for the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil, as during the winter my skin tends to go even drier than it already is, and it also tends to feel quite rough. So I thought I would opt for a more oil-based moisturiser. 
In all honesty, I barely did any research on this product, I just bought it on a splurge and if I'm honest with you, it's probably the best £32 I've ever spent. This product comes in three different types, "Dehydrated Skin" (which is the one I have), "Combination/Oily Skin" and "Dry/Extra Dry Skin."


Description of the product: 

Clarins say: "Moisture care for Dehydrated Skin. 100% pure plant extracts with no preservatives. This best-selling oil contains extracts of Rosewood, Patchouli and Blue Orchid to tone, revitalise and restore radiance to moisture-depleted skin. Hazelnut Oil helps prevent moisture loss and the formation of fine lines."

Directions of use:

I was told by the Clarins consultant to use this every night for two weeks, using just three drops from the pipette. And with any left over residue on my hands I can use it on the ends of my hair and on my hands/nails. 
I apply this product on top of my moisturiser as the moisturiser adds a bit of a slip for the oil to glide onto, otherwise I would have to use ten drops from the pipette if I wasn't to apply a moisturiser before, as my skin is rather dehydrated. 
I do not rub this product into my skin, I press it into my skin instead as it prevents aging and pre-mature wrinkles and it also ensures that the product skins well into my skin. 
If you have dehydrated to dry skin I do really recommend exfoliating two to three times a week and then applying this product. It makes the biggest difference!

The results of this product: 

The moisturiser I currently use daily hasn't worked as effectively as this oil has. I had a lot of dryness/rough patches on my forehead and I applied my E45 cream to my skin and it gave my skin moisture for a few hours, but the dry skin reappeared after those few hours and my skin began to feel rough again. However when I used this oil on my forehead (and on the rest of my skin) my skin felt so supple and hydrated, it was a really surprising shock actually. I applied this product last night at six o'clock, and it's currently three o'clock the next day and my skin still feels hydrated, despite the fact that I did wash this oil off with my cleanser this morning...
If you also have trouble with making your base makeup look flawless then this product is perfect for you. I usually find it hard to create a flawless base as my skin is dehydrated in certain areas so my concealer can sometimes stay on those dry areas. But ever since using this and my E45 cream together, it's allowed my concealer and foundation to glide on effortlessly and flawlessly. 
The oil doesn't cling to the skin, it absorbs it very quickly. (Depending on the right amount that you put.)

The Scent:

There is a scent to this product, but it's a really relaxing scent. I am quite particular when it comes to scented facial products. But I really love the scent of this oil. It has a floral/plant scent to it - it's really lovely. 

Do I recommend this product?

Of course! I really recommend it to people who have a similar skin type to me. (as I know it works well) It is a rather pricey product, but it works well. If you are considering on buying this, ask Clarins for a sample, and try it out, just encase you're not happy with it!

6 comments:

  1. I love this oil! I am using the Blue Orchid one too at the moment and the Lotus one is fab too!


    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing, isn't it? :D

      Delete
  2. Great review, I love the look of Clarins products! :)

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're very intriguing :)

      Delete
  3. Heard great things about this oil, so temped to get it now!

    Alice x
    Sheer Beautiful l Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete