Friday, 2 January 2015

December Favourites | 2014

Hello everyone - I'm going to start off this post by saying Happy New Year! I really hope you all have a great year full of happiness.
To start the new year, I'm going to post my December makeup favouites of 2014 - which probably should have been posted in December, but oh well, better late than never!


MAC Strobe Cream | MAC "Soft Ochre" Paintpot | MAC Satin "Brave" Lipstick | MAC Powder Blush "Harmony" | Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner "01 Black" | Maybelline Brow Drama "Dark Brown" | Nivea Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose" | MAC Select Cover-up "NW20" | Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics






MAC Strobe Cream - In my last blog post, I did a mini review on this product and I also swatched it for you, so if you would like to see that click here. I use this product on top of my moisturiser and I find that it hydrates my skin even more, which is amazing because I have quite dry skin, so I need all the hydration I can get. I also find that with this product, my base makeup glides on perfectly and it also makes my base makeup look quite airbrushed as well! 
~
MAC "Soft Ochre" Paintpot - I've been using this eyeshadow base quite a lot recently as I've been applying more eyeshadows to my eyes. I find that this blurs out any veins and discolouration on the eyelids perfectly! This product also prevents creasing. "Soft Ochre" has more yellow undertones in it, so if you have yellow undertones in your skin this would be great for you. If you have pinkier undertones "Painterly" is also a great option for you. I also believe that "Painterly" may be more brightening on your eyelids as it has pink undertones. So that base would be great if you have discolouration on your eyelids!
~
MAC Satin "Brave" Lipstick - I've had this lipstick for quite a while now and I've always loved it. The colour is a "my lip colour but better" sort of colour. I would actually say that this could be a similar colour to what Kylie Jenner usually wears on her lips. It has a satin finish, which is in between a shiny and matte finish.
~
MAC Powder Blush "Harmony" - I use this product as bronzer, even though it's called a "blush" - it's really great at warming up your complection, it's also rather amazing at chizzling out your cheekbones!
~
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner "01 Black" - During the month of December I began to start getting into winged eyeliner again. I was using the L'Oreal eyeliner before, which was pretty good, however it transferred a bit, so I thought I would give this gel eyeliner a go as it has had pretty great reviews. I really do love this eyeliner, it's a really intense, creamy black. I apply this product with a bent eyeliner brush. 
~
Maybelline Brow Drama "Dark Brown" - If your eyebrows are crazy and always end up messy by the end of the day, like mine, then these kinds of products are a must! This product adds a little tint to your brow hairs whilst keeping them in place. 
~
Nivea Lip Butter "Raspberry Rose" - This lip butter is in my favourites because it smells soooo good! It really reminds me of Petits Filous strawberry yogurts that I used to have as a child. This butter does also make your lips really smooth as well, however it doesn't compare to my Carmex lip balm!
~
MAC Select Cover-up "NW20" - At the beginning of December MAC organised an event for my school where we got 35% off of everything. So I thought I'd stock up on quite a bit - concealer being the main necessity! This concealer covers up pretty much anything if I'm honest with you. I like to use it for my hereditary darkness in the corners of my eyes and also on some blemishes that I have on my skin, it does a pretty great job!
~
Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics - I received this product for Christmas, but I can tell you that this is one of my top three eyeshadow palettes! The colours are fantastically pigmented and creamy and they blend like a dream. I'm really in love with every single colour! I did a full review on it here.

What did you do on New Year's Eve/New Year?

8 comments:

  1. Some great products, i love the nivea lip balms at the moment x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They have amazing scents :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh you picked out such lovely items for your favourites this month! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they're all amazing (:

      Delete
  3. I love the Naked 2 Basics palette, very useful for everyday! x
    www.justbeingamix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reallyyyy obsessed with it, it's great quality! X

      Delete
  4. I've just found your blog and I think it's really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! :) <3

    Fashion gets Fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the nivea lip balms! Here's my December favourites if you want to take a look? :) ownandbecome.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/december-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete