Saturday, 6 September 2014

Review: theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer

Hello lovelies! Today I'm giving you a review on a very popular product among the beauty community which I actually got round to buying very recently. *Drum roll please* 
theBalm products can be bought on Amazon or on the Superdrug website (I'm unsure if they sell them in stores, but they do sell them on their site) for if you're living in the UK.

Please welcome theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer!







So as you can see from the pictures above, the packaging of this product is very cute and rather fascinating. This product also comes with a mirror - which is always a plus in a product. From the last three pictures above you can see that this highlighter is more of a yellow-champagne tone, which looks very natural looking on pretty much any skin tone! I really do love this highlighter (maybe even a bit more than I love my MAC "Soft & Gentle" highlighter - shhh! The reason I say this is because this item doesn't have as chunky glitters in it, which is what I've found with the MAC highlighter, and I also find this highlighter to be quite a bit more natural than the MAC one.) This product retails for around £16, which is not the cheapest but it's also not the most expensive. However I do find this product to be amazing quality yet with just the right amount of pigmentation and I've also noticed that it's got a nice creamy and smooth consistency. In my opinion I think this item is very reasonably priced in comparison to higher end products that would most likely have the same quality and colour pay-off as this product. I also think this highlighter is very appropriate to wear on an everyday basis as it's not one of those in your face products. 
What is your favourite highlighter?

8 comments:

  1. I love theBalms packaging, it's always SO adorable! Great review too :)

    http://amyscornerblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this highlighter on my wishlist, it looks so pretty!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, just letting you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check out the details here: http://rosycheeksandfreckles.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/the-liebster-award.html

    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the packaging - great review! Btw, I nominated you to do the Liebster Award :)

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete