Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Meet Toffee!

Toffee is a Syrian hamster with cute, big eyes and a very shiny fur coat, who was brought home on the 7th of August 2014. During the first couple of days of Toffee's arrival, he has been quite shy. Since those days had past Toffee has opened up into a playful and friendly little fella! So far I have noticed that Toffee's favourite foods/treats are dried sweetcorn, fresh grapes, and banana. His favourite toy is one hundred percent his wheel - he is non-stop on it. 

Meet Toffee:
Toffee's first day in his new home:


Toffee being shy:


*Nom nom*


In his sand bath:


Looking out into my bedroom:


Playing in his toy box:


Digging:


"Oh, hi again!"


Even though a majority of the un-asked questions were said above, I still thought it would be awesome to do the Furry Friend Tag!

The questions:

1. What is your pet's name?
Toffee, because his fur will eventually be an identical colour to a Toffee (as he grows up.)

2. What kind of pet is it and what breed?
He is a Syrian Hamster!

3. How long have you had your pet?
I've had him since the 7th of August 2014.

4. How did you get your pet?
I've always had a soft spot for Syrian hamsters. I had another Syrian hamster back when I was twelve, and I just really wanted another because they're the easiest pet to look after (personally easier than fish - as I have had fish too) - so we (my mum, my brother and I) went down to Pets at Home, and bought one! 

5. How old is your pet?
When I got him he was 10 weeks old, so he is probably 11 weeks old now.

6. What are some quirky things about your pet's personality?
I haven't noticed anything too quirky at the moment as he is still rather young, but he goes on his wheel for ages and once he's exhausted from doing that, he goes and sleeps in his sand bath for two minutes and then he goes back on his wheel for another thirty minutes.

7. What does your relationship with your pet mean to you?
Well, he's obviously now apart of my family so it would be really horrible without him. He always does weird little things that make me smile, which I think is really nice. So he does mean a lot to me.

8. What are some of your favourite past times with your pet?
Again, I haven't had my hamster long enough to have that many memories but a really cute one was when I put him in the bottom part of my top and covered the bottom half of his body with it (so that he wasn't cold) and he fell asleep.

9. What nicknames do you call your pet?
He doesn't really have any nicknames but my sister keeps calling him "mouse."
~
Hopefully you guys enjoyed today's post! It is a little different to other posts, it was kind of short and no very talkative (like my other posts) - but anyway "bye-bye" from Toffee and myself!

6 comments:

  1. Awwww Toffee is so cute!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwr he looks gorgeous! I used to have a few hamsters and I really want one now but I can't since I wont be allowed one in uni halls :(

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so annoying! :( As soon as you finish uni, buy millions of them!

      Delete
  3. i really like your blog and i would like to nominate you for the liebster award. :)
    read more about it here: http://themacaroonmoon.blogspot.dk/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so cute! Hope you enjoy being a pet owner :) Nice post!

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete