Saturday, 12 July 2014

Review: Coastal Scents Revealed Palette

Hi loves, welcome to my first blog post! I thought I'd do a review today on a palette which I bought around New Year's of 2014 and I have been loving it ever since. *Insert drum roll here.*


This is the Revealed palette by Coastal Scents. I bought it for around £22 on Amazon, but unfortunately they no longer sell this item on Amazon, so you may have to go to the Coastal Scents site and buy it from there!

The packaging:

It has very sleek and compact packaging which is always a great advantage for when you go out or on holiday - it just means you get to pack more make-up! 


There's honestly nothing too "amazing" about the packaging on this item in comparison to say the Too Faced or Urban Decay palettes.
However I'm not too bothered about the packaging, if anything the colours in this palette are so beautiful and such great quality that they make you forget all about the packaging!

The colours:

The colours in this palette are so mind-blowing. In this palette there are 20 eye shadows ~ 5 are matte and the other 15 are shimmer. The colour pay-off is very pigmented and creamy, and they all blend really well. I believe that there are tons of higher-end eye shadow dupes in this palette. 
This colours in this palette also look very familiar to the colours in the Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 palette - which is fantastic because the Urban Decay palettes retail for around £30 each.


Matte eye shadows - 1, 4, 5, 7, 20. They are all very creamy shades, however I found #20 to be quite patchy for when I was doing the swatches, so I had to keep building up the intensity of the eye shadow to even out the colour. 
Shimmer eye shadows - the rest of the shades. Again, all these colours are very creamy, bendable and very long-lasting and great quality.                   

Swatches:


The swatches above are from the first row of the palette and as you can see they're very natural looking and very great for wearing in the daytime.


The swatches above are from the second row of the palette, these colours are more night-time/dramatic/romantic colours. 

Colour close ups: 


 With these colours you can create any look - they're all neutral shades, but you can still create a natural/dramatic look or a daytime/evening look.


I really love this palette, it's been my go-to palette ever since I bought it, I always reach for this product for whatever eye look I want to wear, except very colourful looks! I would recommend this palette to anyone, as there are so many versatile colours which I personally think would suit any skin tone or eye colour.  This product is also pretty affordable and you do get a really great quality product!

No comments:

Post a Comment