Wednesday, 23 July 2014

My Top Four Drugstore Foundations!

Hi everyone! I thought I would do a blog post today about my top favourite foundations/tinted face products that I find work best for my skin and hopefully yours!
First off, I really believe that all these products would work very well for people who have any skin type, but mostly dry/normal skin! I do have dry/normal skin, which is why I really do recommend these products to people who are like myself and also have a similar skin type to me. However my skin type always changes depending on the weather. So now that we're in the middle of summer, my nose area tends to be a bit more oilier than the rest of my skin, so I do also believe that these foundations would also be suited for people who have oily skin as well, as they're working fantastically on me at the moment!
Secondly, these are my go-to foundations, I prefer to wear concealer over foundation on whatever day I decide to wear make-up. I usually opt for foundations for when my skin is having a bad day. I'm pretty sure we've all had those days! 

The foundations:


From left to right:
 Bourjois Happy Light Foundation
MaxFactor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation  
Revlon Colourstay Foundation 
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Bourjois Happy Light:
This foundation claims to give you a "luminous complexion." I can agree to some levels with this claim as this foundation doesn't leave your skin matte nor very dewy, the sheen is in between when first applied - so it's quite like a satin finish. However after a few hours of having the foundation on I did start to notice a bit more dewiness coming along. It has a very light and runny consistency - it feels very light when applied to the skin and it gives a really nice light-medium coverage, which can be buildable. I personally see this foundation as more of a medium coverage, as it is fairly good at covering up blemishes that are left behind from breakouts. I think this foundation would be great for people who have any skin type. If you're like me and you get oily in certain areas, you may need to apply some powder once in a while as the dewiness of the foundation may enhance the oiliness. Overall, this is by far my favourite foundation at the moment. I really love the finish of this product. It's really great for summer, but I would probably wear this all year round as I love the look of dewy skin!

MaxFactor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1:
If you didn't know, MaxFactor is a sister company with Covergirl, meaning that this foundation is a dupe to Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. This foundation I found would be perfect for people with oily/normal skin as it doesn't have much dewiness to it and it really controls the oil that may be produced and the product really stays put on your skin. I also find this foundation really great for dry skin as well - which is pretty weird because usually foundations only match either only oily/normal/dry skin, but this one matches all. I used this product during a time where my skin was insanely dry and this foundation worked perfectly with my skin. I tried this foundation again recently for my skin now, which is normal/oily down the bridge of my nose, and I still found this foundation to work exceptionally well. This foundation personally has medium buildable coverage, and it works amazingly well at covering up spots or if you have acne scars or blemishes! I would personally wear this foundation in the colder months as I find my skin to get quite bad during those times, and I find this product to do a great job of making my skin look better for when those days turn up.

Revlon Colourstay Foundation:
This foundation is really great for those days where you just don't want to look like you're not wearing any make-up. It has a light-medium coverage - it's fairly buildable and it also feels weightless on your skin. The great thing about this foundation range is that they have it for all the different skin types, which is so rare to see in foundation products! The foundation I have is the one for normal/dry skin. I also used this foundation before I discovered the MaxFactor Face Finity Foundation - I found that it worked rather well with my skin as my skin during the Autumn/Winter time was very dry and this foundation provided a fair amount of moisture. I would use this foundation during the summer, as it's very light on your skin and it can give a light/medium coverage depending on what you want for you skin. Disclaimer: Of course this foundation would be different for people who have oily skin as this review is of the foundation for normal/dry skin.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream:
It's very well known that Bourjois foundations are one of the best drugstore foundations. *Did you know that Bourjois is owned by Chanel, and that a majority of Bourjois products are very similar to Chanel products?* I personally see this product to have a medium coverage due to three pigments that are included in this product. I found this product amazing at concealing any redness/discolouration caused by spots or inheritance. I also found this product to have some radiance, in which the CC cream indicates "luminous complexion & smooth skin" - and I can agree fully with this product. I would wear this product during any season, as it's so light and weightless. This product would work well for any skin type, as I have heard people with oily/normal/dry skin all say that this product works well for them!

I hope I helped you guys out with getting to know some foundations and the foundations I find that work well with my skin and maybe even your skin! Of course, these weren't full reviews of each of these products, they were half-reviews I guess you could say. 

Lots of Love,

6 comments:

  1. These are great, mini reviews! My personal favourite is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, but I've been meaning to try the MaxFactor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 foundation for a while though. It's so hard finding a foundation that completely covers my acne when I break out.

    http://anotherfashionfanatic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've heard so many great things about that foundation but I don't know if it's full coverage enough to cover up my spots as well! I know exactly what you mean, this time last year I broke out a lot, due to something that I used and it's left me with red-brown blemishes from the spots and it is so hard to cover, not even MAC concealers can cover it! So I'm still on the hunt to find a good foundation that works well for my dry skin, as well as for covering up my blemishes! I'm thinking of trying the L'Oreal True Match foundation. (:

      Delete
    2. The Wake Me Up foundation makes your skin look really good, it's not high coverage though, I'd say about medium. I like to use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on anything that my foundation is unable to cover. But lately I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, its like a mousse, I think that's got fairly good coverage :)

      Delete
    3. I should try it out then! I use the Collection concealer too, it's probably better at covering spots than my MAC concealer! :O
      I also want to try that foundation! There are so many things that I want to try out...Oh dear.

      Delete
    4. I know, there's so much I wanna try too! & I've been using the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation for a while now - I blend it in using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush - and I'd recommend it :)

      Delete
    5. The struggle! :(
      I'll definitely try it out when I can, and I love that brush, it's amazing!

      Delete