Thursday, 17 July 2014

A Day in Hastings

The day started off by waking up at half five. When I was told that I would have to wake up at this time the night before, I was shocked, but in all honesty I was awake for most of the night so I found it really easy to wake up at this time.
My sister, my grandmother and I all got ready and left the house at around six or half six and we all headed down to my great aunt's apartment via public transport. It was a very long journey...
We made it to my great aunt's house at around half eight and we all had some breakfast. I had some porridge with strawberries.
The mini bus arrived at her apartment building at half nine and we all set off with some other people from my great aunt's building. 
The journey to Hastings was ruffly two hours and guess what I did the whole way there?
I slept.
We arrived there at around eleven/twelve o'clock.
The weather for the whole day was amazing. It was so hot that I actually managed to get some tan lines from just walking around! 
The mini bus was parked opposite a crazy golf site, it was actually a very interesting sight to look at. There were water fountains and mini pools filled with bright blue water. I actually found it very fascinating. 

Below, is a picture of what looks like a tree stump. It was in the crazy golf park and it would open it's eyes and talk and sometimes it would spritz water at you. It was pretty weird...

The overall site of Hastings was really beautiful, mainly because there were quite a few brightly coloured flowers planted around different areas. 

I decided to go for really comfy shoes to wear as I knew I would be doing a lot of walking and I also knew that there was a pebbly beach (which we all wanted to visit), so I opted for my Newlook plimsolls, they were great to wear for the whole day as I didn't end up with any blisters or cuts and my feet were sore-free at the end of the day! 

After all that excitement, we all thought it would be great to look around this mini shopping center that they had. The shops looked fairly old and they ranged from gimmicky bits and bobs, to sweets, to souvenirs, to books, to clothes and so on.

We also came across some caf├ęs, restaurants and the odd one or two ice-cream parlours, which also looked very old-fashioned.

We then came across this amazing olden-time themed sweet shop. 

The next picture is of my favourite sweets in the entire world. Keep note!

After looking around all the shops, we all went to get some classic "British" fish and chips at a little restaurant opposite a mini fun fair.
My grandmother and my great aunt wanted to sit down for a little bit longer and so they told me and my sister to head on down to the seaside where they would meet us there later. and my sister walked down to the beach.

As you'll be able to tell from the upcoming pictures, Hastings seaside is a pebble beach, it was actually really hard to walk on, especially when we went barefoot into the sea later on in the day.

There were quite a lot of seagulls at this seaside. They were actually quite annoying. They would soar really close to you and if you're "lucky" they would drop a little poo on you. Thankfully I wasn't lucky.

The outfit that I wore:

Crochet Crop Top ~ Crochet Kimono ~ Pastel Periwinkle High-waisted Jean Shorts: are all from Newlook. 

The sunglasses that I wore on the day are from Newlook. As you can probably tell...I shop at Newlook a lot - they've been selling really pretty things recently!
Me and my sister decided to take our shoes and socks off and walk down to the shore. It was easier said than done because there were so many stones, and they were really uncomfortable to walk on...

The colour on my toes is No7's Gel-Look Shine in "Deep Wine"

The water wasn't actually too cold to my surprise. I also came across some dead sea creatures along the shore, such as parts of a crab and we also found a dead fish, which was probably why the population of seagulls was so popular. At this moment in time, my grandmother and great aunt joined my sister and I at our location on the shore, and they too joined us for a little paddle in the sea.

The seaside was also filled with lots of old looking boats/ships, which I thought seemed quite nice, as you don't really see that many boats/ships actually on the shore.
After spending ruffly an hour or so on the shore, we decided to head down to an arcade center. Well...when I say "we" I really mean me and my sister. My grandmother and my great aunt wanted to walk around a bit more, so we parted for a while whilst me and my sister got our gambling game on.

This picture of an arcade center shown above wasn't actually the exact arcade my sister and I went into, we went into one that was on the main road, near the sea and the crazy golf area. The arcade shown above is located near the shopping center entrance. I believe...
I spent about ten minutes trying to win five pounds which was also joined to a bunch of tickets (the tickets allow you to win anything from the booth in the arcade center. But depending on what you can win depends on how many tickets you have.) At the end I won the five pounds, but I ended up spending around seven pounds to play the game. The game that I played was the game where you put in two p's and when you put in the two p coins it pushes your prize forward. (in my case it was the five pounds and the tickets) 
With the tickets, I won a Mickey Mouse plush key-chain which was quite cute and some sweets.
After that eventful session, I ended up with five pounds, a key-chain and some sweets and my sister ended up with minus ten pounds and an angry looking face. 
We then thought we would go to the fair which was just outside the casino. Me and my sister went on a bunch of rides, and I really enjoyed most of them. If you do go to Hastings, I really recommend you go on the ride that goes around in circles and up and down at the same time, it was really fun. I also recommend the bumper cars - I was so bad at driving my car.
The time spent with my sister was amazing because I barely get to see and talk to her because she is usually at her university in Birmingham, which is two or so hours away from where I live.
After going on those rides, me and my sister were left with four tokens each. (The tokens are for going on the rides.) We didn't really see a use in the tokens as we had been on all the rides, but we kept one token each for memories and we gave the other three to two little boys who only had one token in their hands. After giving them the tokens, I felt really happy that I made someone smile. And as lame as that really was a great feeling.
The day felt like it was over in seconds, but at the same time it felt like I had been at Hastings for ages. 
It was then time to get back on the mini bus and head back home.
I had a really great day, I loved spending the whole day with the people I love. I had a really great time and it was really nice to see another part of England which I hadn't been to before.

Just a quick reminder: If you are thinking of using any of the pictures above, please contact me as I do own these pictures. To use these pictures without the owner of the picture's consent can be seen as copyright. 

I hope you guys enjoyed coming along on this journey with me, it was a really fun, memorable day. And I hope to do something similar again some day!
But for now, I shall wish you good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment